New Patient Information
What to Expect
Prompt, courteous, exceptional service at a fair price. All designed to calm your and your animal’s concerns during your next appointment.READ MORE
Meet our Staff
We pride ourselves on a caring, compassionate, and professional staff with years of training. Come meet them for yourself!READ MORE
Find answers to commonly asked questions regarding your visit to our office. Have a question we haven't answered? Reach out to us to ask your own.READ MORE
- Monday-Friday: 7:30AM to 8:00PM
- Saturday: 8:00AM to 1:00PM
- Sunday: Closed
Updates Due to COVID-19: What to Expect When You Bring Your Pet in for a Veterinary ExamNo Clients are Currently Admitted into The Animal Hospital
What this means for you:
- Call our office to schedule any appointment you need, without restrictions on the type of care requested.
- Clients are still not allowed in the building. This is to protect both our clients and our team members and is in accordance with Governor Cuomo's current NYS Covid-19 guidelines.
- Due to colder weather, we will now use our vestibule as the handoff location. Please call our office at 824-4108 from the parking lot when you arrive. A technician will start the appointment and take a history via telephone before meeting you in the vestibule to retrieve your pet. Cats must be in a carrier and dogs must be on a leash.
- You will be asked if you have traveled outside of NYS in the last two weeks, and if so, asked to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test result according to NYS guidlines before interacting with our staff.
Please remember to wear a mask during the handoffs.
We realize that this situation is not ideal; however, this system will allow us to continue to provide the same quality veterinary care we have been providing for over 75 years, while minimizing risk exposure to our clietns and our team members. We will continue to modify our protocols as more information is released via NYS government. Thank you for your continued patience.
View as PDF
Recently my beloved Barley came down with vertigo making him unable to stand without help. As he weighed almost 100lbs, he was in need of nursing care. Dr. Jacobi and her dedicated staff made his more than 3 week stay more like a spa visit than a hospital one. I felt secure in the unparalleled care shown to my sweet boy. As he was recovering, he aspirated vomit into his lungs which, in spite of Dr. Jacobi’s constant care ended his life. Again, the doctor made this trying moment easier for me by her genuine kindness. Kudos to her & her staff for being so exceptionally wonderful to my Barley & me.
Dr Jacobi and her staff have used high quality care and creativity in caring for my aging and very much loved cat, Callie. They leave no stone unturned when considering treatment approach, and I know they care about our pets as deeply as we do. The clear communication, quick responsiveness, and compassion give me great comfort at all times.
Dr. Jacobi is the most knowledgeable, kind and fun doctor I have ever met. She not only makes us comfortable, but gets down on her knees to greet our dogs, pet them, and make them comfortable as well. SAH is always available to us, and the promptly answer all our questions. They just love our dogs like they were their own. I look forward to the vet visits, and my dogs do too!
Even though I live 38 miles from the practice, I take all my dogs to SAH. I’ve been a happy client of SAH for over 30 years. It’s not just the quality of the service they provide, but the genuine compassion they show for me and my dogs. The doctors and staff at SAH are, without exception, genuine, kind and compassionate in every sense of the word. I would not go any where else.